Saturday, March 25, 2006

Can you say "flabbergasted"?

I am stunned, bowled over, staggered and, yes, flabbergasted. (And I haven’t even had my first scotch of the day.) I just heard that at last Monday’s dinner-meeting of the Karl Hess Club in Los Angeles, I was awarded the 2006 Samuel Edward Konkin III Memorial Chauntecleer for “meritorious service in the cause of Freedom and advancement of agorism.”

The Chauntecleer Award was created by Sam Konkin in 1995 as a one-time presentation to the late “Chauntecleer” Michael Greene for his many years of freedom-oriented work, including the longtime monthly operation of two separate L.A. libertarian supper clubs (the Albert J. Nock and H.L. Mencken Forums). After Sam died in February 2004, the three remaining Karl Hess Club founders — Kent Hastings, Mike Everling, and Brad Linaweaver — determined to resurrect and rename the award in Sam’s memory “to honor those whose work wakes up a sleeping populace and introduces them to a new day full of the promise of Freedom and prosperity through agorism.” The Chauntecleer Award will be presented annually every March only when “the three members of the award committee agree unanimously on a recipient.” I’m the first recipient, after Greene, of this honor.

Thanks so much, Mike, Kent, and Brad. I'm sorry I was unable to be with you last Monday night, and I only hope Sam, were he still with us, would approve. I promise to continue my efforts to further spread the idea of agorism while keeping green the memory of our colleague Samuel Edward Konkin III.

11 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger Fawkes said...

Nice!

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I hope they let you keep a rooster where they live.

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger freeman said...

Congrats Wally!

 
At 2:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wally - Congratulations! The honor is well deserved. Please keep up the good work!

 
At 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Wally!

 
At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Did it come with a big check? 'Cause nothing says "We Love Ya!" like money!

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Just Ken said...

Congrats! Nothing like an award to add to that long c.v.!
Cheers!
Just Ken

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Kevin Carson said...

Congratulations, Wally!

michael: I don't know--they gave him a big cock!

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Well deserved indeed.

--jorge

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger iceberg said...

Sure I can, "Flabbergasted".

See? (rimshot please)

Congratulations and keep up the great work.

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iceberg, how do we know that you said "flabbergasted"? All we know for sure is that you typed it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home