Thursday, August 04, 2005

The Quotable Mises

I love collections of quotations. Maybe because I love quoting, er, great quotes. Ever since I got my first copy of Bartlett's in the eighth grade, I've regularly added such collections to my reference library. My favorites are Jon Winokur's Portable Curmudgeon volumes, The Guinness Book of Poisonous Quotes, Political Tales & Truth of Mark Twain, The Macmillan Dictionary of Political Quotations, The Heretic's Handbook of Quotations and, of course, Paul Berman's indispensible Quotations from the Anarchists.

Now the Ludwig von Mises Institute offers online The Quotable Mises. It's still in the beta stage, but it's impressive -- some 1,400 quotes by Mises about nearly everything, sorted by subject and source. And it's fully searchable!

Let the quoting begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home