Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Get 'em while they're young

Writes "lew lew" at Claire Wolfe's Claire Files Forum:

"I took my daughter to the fabric store, so she could pick out some material to make a set of curtains for her room. As we were combing through the bolts, I shit you not, there was a cheery bolt labeled 'Good Citizen.' It had phrases like, 'Pay Your Taxes, Obey All Laws, Vote, Plant a Tree, Recycle' patterned all over the fabric and 'Good Citizen' examples like 'Policeman, Teacher, Mailman' dotted around the phrases. The writing was child-friendly script and the colors were bright red, black script and white."

While government schools continue their focus not on readin', writin' and 'rithmatic but on making good little statists out of our kids, it seems at least one fabric company is now doing its part as well. The fabric pattern seems to be missing one important phrase, though: "Fink on your parents."

6 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger Kevin Carson said...

Beautiful.

Obey all laws, including the Nuremberg Laws and the Fugitive Slave Law. Pay all taxes, including the poll tax for the Mexican War. Promptly hand over all books to a fireman for disposal. I'm surprised there's not a picture of a kid in his Spies uniform with an ear trumpet to the keyhole.

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger freeman said...

I'm sure that fabric would be good for, oh I don't know, cleaning up cat piss and vomit or something.

 
At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd prefer an NWA t-shirt with "Fuck the Police" on it!

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Vache Folle said...

My brother had a day job at a factory and was admonished about message t-shirts. Thereafter, he made some t-shirts with messages such as "Work Harder", "Coffee Breaks are Counter-Revolutionary", "The company is my life", "Productivity is Godly" and the like to wear to work.

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is simply an extension of what the kids see and hear and are incucated withl from the first day the parents drop off the little tots at the government indoctrinat,.. oops, I mean schools.

 
At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a beanie (Aussie wooll knitted cap) with "Disgruntled Employee of the Month" on it! Especially fitting as I work for my old man. Vache, your bro-did the boss get it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home